What lenses for food photography

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
JeffSlade
JeffSlade Regular Member • Posts: 496
Re: What lenses for food photography

AchilleasEmm wrote:

JeffSlade wrote:

AchilleasEmm wrote:

i dont intend to be a pro. Just for my personal use and enjoyment. I mostly shoot landscapes and travel. But i want to merge my passion of cooking with my hobby of photography

My wife has a passion for cooking so we started a YouTube channel in March 2020 and we now have 428 subscribers. I learned a lot about video and audio in the process.

I know you are focused on photography and I think you said blog. That's great!

Just saying people passionate about food who are willing to learn simple video and audio are doing really well on YouTube!

Have fun!

Thats really nice! What lenses do you use??

I started in March using my Fuji X-T1 with it's kit 18-55mm. Then I brought in my Hero 4 and Canon 6D with a 35mm lens.

The X-T1 has a recording limit of 15 minutes but I liked the video IQ. I had some challenges color matching the footage from the various cameras.

These days I only use my 3 GoPro 7 Black's and Hero 4. I use TASCAM DR-10L audio devices. The GoPro's meet my needs right now.

I do have my eye on a Panasonic Lumix GH5. I'm starting to build a separate YouTube channel based upon local community impact due to lockdowns and the GH5 might be the camera for interviews.

-- hide signature --

I believe in wabi-sabi :a world view centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. I appreciate beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete" in nature.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/billpoplawski/albums/with/72157716942456506

JeffSlade's gear list:JeffSlade's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 GoPro Hero7 Black Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow