Got the S5

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Dick Barbour
OP Dick Barbour Senior Member • Posts: 1,128
Re: Congratulations!

John W H wrote:

I did the same with the S1, but I'm now selling my m43 kit to fund lenses for the S1. After seeing the images from the S I found myself reluctant to use the m43 other than for long telephoto reach.

For travel I just tend to take my Fuji X100T.

Enjoy the new camera.

John

I'll probably end up selling some m43 gear also, but there is the quandary of what other L lenses to get? I'm not a prime person, and the longer zooms are big, heavy and expensive. I will for sure keep my G9 and the long zooms, 50-200 and 100-400, but it's the intermediate range that I'm concerned about. I'm quite happy with the Oly 12-100 for both range and IQ, and can't see getting rid of it or having it sit around unused. So although I'm quite thrilled with my first experience with the S5, I'm not sure where to go from here. A nice kind of problem to have, I guess.

Dick

Dick Barbour's gear list:Dick Barbour's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow