EOS Webcam Utility not working

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
S Castle
S Castle Senior Member • Posts: 1,103
Re: EOS Webcam Utility not working

nemike wrote:

I have a Canon 7D and I downloaded the Webcam Utility for my Mac.

You don't say what OS. There's a matrix of supported and unsupported OS/app combinations on the Mac FAQ.

Zoom is listed as supported in all of them, though.

When I go to zoom and select the EOS Webcam Utility as my "Camera" I get a backward image saying "EOS Webcam Utility" and a icon that looks like a camera and a red triangle with an exclamation mark instead of any video from my 7D. I've tried starting live view etc, nothing works. Any ideas?

You might have a USB cable that's not supported, or has a problem. You have to exit the Canon EOS Utility, if it starts up automatically, as it does on my Windows systems. On my systems, I also need to move the live view/movie selector switch to 'movie' or it does not behave correctly.

Canon really has done a poor job providing information about how to use the webcam utility. Apparently they think it should just work for you.

I hope you get your problem sorted.

Edit: I experimented with mine a little, and if I don't quit the EOS Utility and try to connect to the streamed camera, I get the red triangle with bang also, so I suspect that is your problem -- you must quit the EOS Utility. Or perhaps there's something else trying to communicate with the camera?

-- hide signature --

Shane

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow