Brand new EM1 III - EVF weirdness - any ideas?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tapper123
Tapper123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,907
Brand new EM1 III - EVF weirdness - any ideas?

So my EM1 III arrived today and I've been testing it. Very pleased so far, however, 2 odd things happened and I'm not sure what to think.

1) I was shooting HHHR, and when I went to image review, the EVF display went kinda crazy. Hard to explain, but there was a wavy pattern and part of the display was extended offscreen to the right, as if the monitor had become desynced. Note I was using normal refresh rate, not high. When I half pressed shutter and returned to camera view, it was still like that. I turned the camera off then on and it was normal again, and so far it has not happened again.

2) At one point I turned the camera on and rasied to me eye and the EVF was just black.
UPDATE: OK, happened again. Had the camera to my eye and turned it on, and just black screen in EVF. Tried again and it worked normally.

Should I be concerned? I never had such things happen on my EM5 II.

UPDATE: I just reset my settings to default and removed the battery and reinserted. Fingers crossed this clears things up. (FWIW Menu button location is annoying but eh...)

UPDATE 2: happened again. Camera to eye, turned camera on, and EVF is black.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Tapper123's gear list:Tapper123's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 III Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +7 more
Olympus E-M1 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow