Does Apple's new M1 chip make it more likely for you to shoot 6K or 8K?

Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cato1040
Cato1040 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,891
Does Apple's new M1 chip make it more likely for you to shoot 6K or 8K?

I am not a diehard Apple fan (Android all the way!) but the new M1 chip seems amazing. People can edit 8K on a $900 (with edu pricing) Macbook Air. That's pretty crazy! I know there are many factors that prevent people from shooting above 4K but I know processing power, and the cost associated with that is one of those factors, as many would price computers that can process 8K to be thousands of dollars. One of the cool hype points for the Canon R5 was 8K for under $4000 but big questions that I often heard were along the lines of "Who shoots 8K anyway?" and "The cost of dealing with 8K is too high."

This is just to satisfy my curiosity, but I was wondering if the M1 chip would make a difference in this area (and maybe also to get an idea of how many people shoot 6K or 8K anyway). Explanations are definitely welcome as well.

Cato1040's gear list:Cato1040's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Fujifilm X100T Panasonic LX10 Sony a6000 Sony a7 III +18 more
POLL
Definitely! The M1 chip will open up 6K and 8K for me
5.9% 2  votes
No. I still wouldn't shoot 6K or 8K
94.1% 32  votes
I am already shooting 6K and/or 8K (or was already planning on it)
0.0% 0  votes
  Show results
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow