Fine art printer 17 or 24 inch to sit idle 6 months a year?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PatMann
PatMann Senior Member • Posts: 1,802
Fine art printer 17 or 24 inch to sit idle 6 months a year?

Is this just wishful thinking? Pretty much everything I read on this forum says the best printers are not designed to sit idle.

We travel 6 months a year or more, and I would like to be able to print enough prints from a specific photo project near the maximum 2:3 size of these printers that it would be less expensive (and more rewarding) to print my own rather than use a service in the other 6 months. Is there a printer that tolerates sitting unused for this long a period, or would I have to buy a printer a year to do this? Assuming that the Epson P900 or Canon Pro-1000 would meet my "fine art" standard for color spectrum and accurate color life under glass with OEM inks and appropriate papers. (Larger printer would be both to make some larger prints and to make more economical use of ink with larger cartridges. 24 x 36 is pushing the maximum size for my intent to have print detail hold up on close inspection)

-- hide signature --

Pat

PatMann's gear list:PatMann's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G +11 more
Nikon Coolpix P900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow