9 year old buy help!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Andy Currie
OP Andy Currie Regular Member • Posts: 409
Re: 9 year old buy help!

n057 wrote:

N"Andy Currie wrote:

Thank you all for your advice and comments.

I see that several people have commented on the D3500 kit, but I can find very few reviews of it and the lens. Anyone have any experience with this kit?

You are not getting elaborate replies here because most cameras discussed here have a steep learning curve and you are asking about usage by a 9 year old. You are asking about a D200 on the one hand (heavy, steep learning curve) and about a D3500 on the other hand, which is lighter, and also has a guided mode to let one learn about photography. The D200 would require much higher motivation to use.

Try here.

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-d3500-review

One other thing, in this forum, the cameras discussed are in the advanced category, and require advanced knowledge of photography. You are talking about a 9 year old. The D3500 you are interested in is a fairly entry-level camera, but still requires skills and understanding higher than a smartphone. Which makes me wonder about the interest level of your 9 year old. You will need to do lots of handholding and encouragement

Thanks - the idea was that it was for my grand-daughter for her Xmas. She has already used a D750 of mine for a day and loved it and I have an old D200 and lens in the cupboard which I thought of giving her, but then the idea of the new kit came on me.

Maybe you should ask for advice about that camera in the "Nikon DX SLR (D40-D90, D3000-D7500) Talk Forum ", which does cover usage and experience of that particular model

I'll do that - sounds sensible!

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

-- hide signature --

Andy.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow