£400 photo editing monitor recommendation

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OrangeSkies New Member • Posts: 3
£400 photo editing monitor recommendation

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster (please be gentle with me!).

So I have my fathers birthday coming up and would like to upgrade is monitor (he's currently using an ancient Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA!).

He has been mainly scanning old negatives and slide using a Canon MG8200 all-in-one printer/scanner and editing them using Photoshop. He also uses it to process photos from his Nikon D810.

He's one of these people who uses things until they breakdown. He has the mentality of "if it still works, why should I replace it?" which of course is no bad attitude to have. However with his birthday coming up I'd like to give him a better "tool" to work from and would really appreciate some help from the community here.

While an Eizo would be nice, it seems like a bit of a Rolls-Royce/Bentley purchase which I can't afford (unless I win the lottery between now and a few weeks!). So something up to the £400 level, would be ideal.

I had a chat with him, and he would ideally like a 27 inch monitor. Things like HDR 10 aren't an issue as he won't be doing any video work on it, other than watching the odd video in a news article or YouTube.

I hope I've given enough information and again, will really appreciate the feedback. I've spent hours of time looking at reviews and comparing monitors, attempting to find "the one"!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow