Where's the 50 S 1.8? (wannabe S1 user here)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Jamajuel Regular Member • Posts: 318
Re: Where's the 50 S 1.8? (wannabe S1 user here)

crashwins wrote:

I'm a 50mm aficionado and with the Covid work/shooting slowdown this is the right time to try out some new gear. I have been wanting a system where I can consolidate an awesome stills machine with quality video (I don't need a cine-rig or anything) as video or more an interest than anything I get paid to do yet. All said, I don't want to shell out $2-3K for a dedicated rig.

Not as excited by Canon or the Nikon Z. But, 50mm is my primary focal length for stills work. I am super intrigued by the 50 S Pro lens, but also VERY curious of the new 50 1.8. I will often stop down to F2 with 50s so it might cut the mustard for me

Anyway, with the AF updates I'm confident I will be in love with this system. Also really intrigued by the Lumix color coming from Nikon and Sony, the latter of which I didn't ever like. Thanks!

Given that the 85mm is shipping now, let’s hope that the rest of the lineup will follow in Q1 and Q2 next year...

Jamajuel's gear list:Jamajuel's gear list
Panasonic S1 Olympus E-M1 III Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG 50-200mm F2.8-4 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow