Flaring on Nikon 14-24 2.8 lens

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stephen1729 New Member • Posts: 12
Flaring on Nikon 14-24 2.8 lens

Hi, I have been using a 14-24 2.8 on my D7500 for over a year and getting excellent results.  BTW, I plan eventually to go full frame so decided to bit the bullet and get a full frame wide angle.

Results have been very good but yesterday I noticed so weird image effects (ghosting, flaring?) so wondered if anyone else had seen it before.  It takes the form of four green luminous vertical lines, which appear in various places depending on how the lens is angled. I have circled the effect in red on the picture below.

My guess is that it is caused by reflections of the element of the lamp.  There was no effect before the lamp ignited.  I was shooting at 14mm, which pushes out the lens element.  As I didn't notice the effect until doing post, I didn't think of shooting at 24 to see if the effect went away.  I was able to get rid of the effect in Photoshop but it was a lot of effort to make the change invisible.

Any thoughts much appreciated.  Thanks

Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow