Nikon + Samsung?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
J C Strange
J C Strange New Member • Posts: 12
Nikon + Samsung?

So I had this crazy idea and I thought I would share it.

First, some background. As many of you probably know Nikon is struggling for various reasons. News recently broke that Samsung is set to overtake Sony in sensor production. Also, many photographers are currently frustrated that high-tech phones can often take better images than their cameras due to their smart use of "AI" and computer processing, things camera manufactures have yet to implement in any real way. Roll all that together and you have the basis for my idea.

What if Samsung bought Nikon?

Nikon could continue to operate mostly as usual making the cameras we know and love but now backed by a large company with plenty of money for R&D. Working with their new parent company, they could eventually switch from Sony sensors to Samsung and begin to try and incorporate some of the tech that makes the cameras on Samsung's phones so good.

Now, obviously, Samsung has already passed on the camera market, but perhaps they would be more successful with an already established company. Nikon would bring the name, factories, awesome lenses, and know-how, as well as making sure the cameras look, feel, and operate as we have come to expect from them. Samsung would bring the money, the sensor and chip technology, and the ability to bring the market into the future.

What do you think?

-- hide signature --

Soli Deo Gloria

J C Strange's gear list:J C Strange's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD Macro +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow