How much price premium would you pay for Z6 II over Z6?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
m_black
m_black Contributing Member • Posts: 946
Re: How much price premium would you pay for Z6 II over Z6?

Yunfan wrote:

Hi there,

I am wondering how much price premium would you pay for Z6 II over Z6 and what's your reason behind it?

In the U.S., Z6 body is now on sale for Black Friday at $1600 while the Z6 II stays at $2000. I mainly shoot landscape, portraits but no sports or animals. I also do not care about the dual card slots as I will be using XQD or CFExpress anyway. I might eventually do a little bit of video though. An additional $200-300 seems to be the most I would pay for Z6 II so I am inclining towards the Z6 now. Just wondering what do you all think?

I think you've answered your own question. If the price gap is $400 and you're only willing to spend another $300, that filters out anyhing above $1900, leaving only the Z6 as your purchase candidate. I've been using two Z6's professionally for almost 2 years now. You'll "get by" on the Z6 for your intended use   However, a friend of mine bought a Z6II and I've played with it for about 15 minutes. And for me, for what I do, the wide area face detect AF is worth the price difference on it's own. But the Z6 is still just as capable as it was the day before the Z6II was announced and continues to be.

-- hide signature --

(formerly mgblack74)
On IG: mikeblack_pw

m_black's gear list:m_black's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 Nikon Z 20mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow