Disappointed with animal eye AF on R5

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
knutte Regular Member • Posts: 390
Disappointed with animal eye AF on R5

Went to the Channel Islands NP today, had my EF70-200/f4 II w/ 1.4 ext on the whole time in anticipation of wild animals. saw bald eagle,Santa Cruz Island fox, stellar jay and hundreds of dolphins. So many missed shots because the eye AF just didn't lock in. Did I expect too much? Am I missing some other setting? In case of the fox, is it because he closed his eyes? (That's a joke....).

Interesting fact: The Santa Cruz Island Fox became an endangered species after bald eagles moved to the island and started to prey on the feral pigs that also roamed the island and also on the foxes in the 1990's and after initiating the program, they became one of the fastest most successful recovery programs in US history!

-- hide signature --

If you're a fan of oversaturated images you should skip my flickr collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/164425702@N02/

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow