What would you do ??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ramonn Regular Member • Posts: 167
What would you do ??

On 10/23/2020 I received an unsolicited e-mail offering Ilford paper 13 x 19 with a portfolio bag included. I remember the price quoted for the deal to be approximately $55,00, but what sold me on the deal was that it included 100 sheets of paper. After placing the order I received an e-mail 3 days later stating the items were backordered. The e-mail described the item as 13 x 19 100 sheet pack. Subsequent e-mails however describe the item to include only a 25 sheet pack. I contacted the merchant regarding the discrepancy and was asked to provide screenshots regarding the offer. For some reason the initial offer is nowhere to be found in my email account however I do have screenshots from the follow-up email as well as a screenshot from my store account which notes the item is on backorder and describes a 100 sheet bundle. Today when I checked my store account it states the item has been shipped as of today. The description of the item in my account however has been changed stating only a 25 sheet pack has been shipped.

Intended or not this amounts to a bait and switch. Of course I can return the merchandise or should I insist that the original offer be honored?  Perhaps I should bring the matter to the attention of New York's consumer protection agency.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow