Best Sony camera for adapted lenses?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
SQLGuy
SQLGuy Forum Pro • Posts: 10,118
Re: Best Sony camera for adapted lenses?

kwahaus wrote:

I have a number of vintage lenses I’ve used mostly attached to my Sony NEX-5n. I recently picked up a Sony A7Rii and have used it a bit. I’m considering selling my NEX system and only using the A7Rii. But I wouldn’t mind having a second body just for adapted lenses. The A7Rii seems to be the best fit as it’s full frame and has more Mpx. But is that overkill for these old lenses? Would I be better off with an A7ii at 24 Mpx and IBIS?

Thoughts?

The A7II is good, but won't be better than the A7R2, unless you're concerned about RAW file size for fairly low resolution lenses. And the back-illuminated, no-AA filter, sensor will help get more out of pretty much all lenses.

You also gain a few useful features over the A7II, like silent shutter, and min auto-ISO shutter speed.

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro +24 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow