Lens purchase decision - advice please

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Andy01 Senior Member • Posts: 4,194
Re: Lens purchase decision - advice please

I think that the number of threads on here questioning/complaining about either IQ or AF on the 3rd party 150-600mm lenses outweighs the ones commenting how good they are.

This question has come up before (several times) and the answer is always the same - unless you are seriously budget constrained, the Canon EF 100-400L ii is the BEST EF mount lens you can buy in this range (and by range I am including both focal length and price before someone suggests that the EF 200-400L f4 is better).

Also, the fact that your 77D does not have AFMA would also tend to nudge me towards the Canon 100-400L ii. Yes, some of the 3rd party lenses can be adjusted on a dock, but there is nowhere to go on the body.

Isn't there some BF deals (maybe refurbished) on the Canon that might bring the price down a bit ?

Colin

Andy01's gear list:Andy01's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow