Windows 10, Faststone, Subfolders

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Binet Regular Member • Posts: 387
Windows 10, Faststone, Subfolders

Previously when I downloaded my images from my Pentax K-5 they went into a documents folder called 100PENTX. When that folder reached a certain capacity I renamed and dated it. I have followed this procedure for many years with Windows XP and then Windows 7 Professional. I should note that there are a few special old images that I maintain in the camera but delete after downloading since they are already in older folders. I was able to locate folders quickly when I viewed the photo tree in Faststone which I use to process images.

However, now that I am using Windows 10 I have run into a problem. When I download images from the K-5 they go into a subfolder labeled 100PENTX of the last folder that was created. So for example if the last folder I created was Orchids 11-20, 100PENTX is now a subfolder of Orchids 11-20 in the photo tree of Faststone as opposed to being a separate folder. So I have to create a new folder and then move each image in the 100PENTX subfolder which is labor intensive.

Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions for me?

Thanks.

Glen

Binet's gear list:Binet's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K200D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow