Something that Nikon needs to do...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Varuas Contributing Member • Posts: 727
Re: Something that Nikon needs to do...

m_black wrote:

1llusive wrote:

I agree it seems like a viable business branch but it doesn't seem like they have the resources to pour into it at the moment. Although, they have laid much of the ground work in the Z series sensors, lenses, etc. They just need a new video body with higher spec electronics and cinema pro features.

Absolutely. People get upset with the Z6/Z6II video feature set but remember it’s a $2000 body. The C70 is over $6000 CAD. The a7sIII is $4500. Give Nikon a retail target of $6000 and I’m sure they’ll spec it in similar fashion. I don’t mind that at all. It’s fair. At least there would be an upgrade path to higher end. As it is now, higher end means a different brand.

Canon R6 does internal 10bit for $2500. No need for a $6000 camera for that feature. If Nikon thinks that they can isolate video features to a >$4000 camera, they will not get traction in video.

Varuas's gear list:Varuas's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Nikon D600 Nikon Z6 YI 4K+ Action Camera Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow