Anyone noticed that fine foliage, even with LR enhanced details, lacks detail and has some worms?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ad12 Contributing Member • Posts: 802
Anyone noticed that fine foliage, even with LR enhanced details, lacks detail and has some worms?

Hey

I use LR and enhanced details, i found it works better than C1 or X-Transformer+LR. 99% of the time its spot on. However, recently i've realised with very fine foliage, that the images lack detail, even after the enhanced details does its thing on the demosiacing.

Or is it my eyes?

I know of course at standard sizes its not that noticeable, but on this image i did notice even just on my Flickr page - so not peeping at 100% or anything. (although 100% shows it best of course).

I've noticed that on most of my foliage reflection photos, the camera struggles to resolve the finer details of the foliage?   Note that this was imported to LR and the sharpening was left completely standard, which is about 40, 1, 15, 0, if i remember correctly.

Ad12's gear list:Ad12's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow