Oly E-M10 Mk II rear screen remains blank

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
OP excitron Junior Member • Posts: 36
Re: Oly E-M10 Mk II rear screen remains blank

Thanks for your replies. Well, with the EVF proximity sensor disabled, the screen came back on. When I turned it back on, I had the same symptom again. I took the rubber eyepiece cushion off and cleaned the entire area, and even with the rubber off it still did the same thing.

Therefore I have to conclude it must me some software glitch. Perhaps updating the firmware may kick the process out, dunno. I hate to have to go through a million menus again to put the machine back in my preferences, but I don't know of any other option I may have.

Strangely enough this is the second E-M10 Mk II body I've had (I lost the first one), and I remember that body occasionally doing the same thing, but usually turning it off and starting it again would remedy the situation (which used to also be the case with this body). I believe that was version 1.1 firmware, I have 1.2 in this camera now, and there is a 1.3 and 1.4, dunno if they need to be installed sequentially or not.

Very strange.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow