Filter Step Up Rings

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
BBbuilder467 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,051
Re: Filter Step Up Rings

pcrc11 wrote:

I am looking for a GOOD step up ring for 82mm filter on a 77mm Lens. I am using Polar Pro filters and already have a brass Luzid step up ring. This thing will instantly lock onto the filter as soon as it bottoms out and makes the slightest contact on the filter surface. Only way I can remove it is to keep it under a hot lamp until it expands just enough to release. I have looked at multiple step up rings on BH site and there is not a single one that does not have reviews claiming they stick as well,, including the very expensive ones. What are some suggestions as to what works or provides a suitable solution to solve this problem short of coating the surface with oil or grease as I am not really keen on doing it that close to my glass.

I never have any problem. I add the step-ring to the lens first. Then just snug up the filter. It helps to use a filter wrench, but you have a better grip that way. If you mount the step-ring directly to the filter, they all can stick, especially if the temperature changes.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow