ZWO ASIair Pro

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
burning1rr Contributing Member • Posts: 658
Re: ZWO ASIair Pro

User8692945365 wrote:

The ZWO ASIair Pro seems like a practical way to automate a shooting session, and appears to have been tested with various Nikon and Canon cameras. I’m wondering if anyone has experience to confirm that it will or will not function as well with Olympus OMD cameras such as my E-M1ii?

If no one chimes in with an answer, consider buying one from a shop with a return policy. I've heard that it uses INDI, but it's not clear whether that's just for the mount, or if it's for the camera and other devices as well.

Stellarmate is a viable alternative to the ASIair. It's an open source solution; you can license it and install it on your own hardware if you like.

Internally, it's KStars, EKOS, and INDI. It uses GPhoto for camera control, so it should support your Olympus bodies. You can test how it works with your mount, camera, and accessories using the desktop version of KStars.

The gotcha is that Stellarmate isn't nearly as user friendly as the ASIAir. The phone app isn't as full featured as EKOS, and controlling it with VNC isn't as simple as using an app.

burning1rr's gear list:burning1rr's gear list
Sony RX100 VA Nikon D200 Sony a9 Sony a7 III Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow