Sony A7 III, or Sony A6600 for first Sony (for action/sport)?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ohaya
OP ohaya Regular Member • Posts: 387
Re: Sony A7 III, or Sony A6600 for first Sony (for action/sport)?

MILC man wrote:

ohaya wrote:

Hi,

I am shooting Fuji (X-T3 firmware V4.00) and Nikon D500, mostly for what I would consider "action/sport" type shooting (stills only), but am curious about Sony.

At the same time, I am also kind of curious about Full frame.

So I am thinking of getting either an A6600 or an A7 III (I would like an A7R III for the more pixels, but seems that the A7 III is better for action/sport, so limiting this question to A6600 vs A7 III).

the a7iii does not have real-time tracking, which can be very helpful for some sports... but it does have a bigger oled panel in the evf.

since you are coming from a d500 tho, and you want to shoot action, i'd suggest an a9... but it really depends on what sports you are shooting.

Hi,

Would love to consider an A9, but that is kind of out of the price range that I am interested in.

Re. tracking, yes I did note that that wasn't in the A7 III, but for the shooting I've been doing, I generally try to follow the main subject, either using single point or (in case of D500) group mode, continuous auto-focus, so I don't know how important tracking would be???

ohaya's gear list:ohaya's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Olympus E-M5 II Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Canon EOS 90D
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow