San Mateo Japanese Garden

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
JeffSlade
OP JeffSlade Regular Member • Posts: 496
Re: San Mateo Japanese Garden

mfinley wrote:

JeffSlade wrote:

I think you should find what brings you joy. The idea of shooting 'better' landscapes doesn't sound like what you want to do in the end.

Yes after digging into it with the help of everyone's comments it's not something I want to do as a primary photography activity where I look to improve over time.

I will continue to capture images I find pleasing to my eye that may involve landscapes. But the purpose for pressing the shutter will be to memorialize for myself what I saw so I can recall the emotion I felt at that moment.

Agreed on doing what brings you joy! Here is the Buddhist teaching I keep foremost in my mind about joy:

"“We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”"

I really do appreciate you helping me work through how I feel about landscape photography! Much appreciated!

-- hide signature --

I believe in wabi-sabi :a world view centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. I appreciate beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete" in nature.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/billpoplawski/albums/with/72157716942456506

JeffSlade's gear list:JeffSlade's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 GoPro Hero7 Black Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow