Used p7700 for a beginner?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
clengman
OP clengman Senior Member • Posts: 1,976
Re: Used p7700 for a beginner?

So, I just couldn't shake the idea that despite their drawbacks, the P7700 and Canon G15 were the cameras in my price range that were closest to an introduction to a DSLR or MILC camera. I bid on a G15 yesterday and didn't get it, then found a P7700 for $136 Buy It Now and couldn't pass it up.

From talking with her mom I think she will appreciate having a "serious" camera. I was briefly considering one of the early m43 cameras and a kit lens, but I think this is a better option until she knows how far she wants to go with the hobby. I'm looking forward to helping her learn the craft.

If I'm mistaken and she really does want a camera with a really long telephoto, or if she finds it too complicated, or frustrating to use, I'll sell it for her and help her find something more to her liking.

Thanks for the great ideas. I'll keep this thread saved in case I need to start shopping again.

clengman's gear list:clengman's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow