New to MFT and need lens advice

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CJackJr
CJackJr Contributing Member • Posts: 962
New to MFT and need lens advice

Hi all,

I've been an Olympus 43 owner for many years (see my gear list) and a member of the Olympus SLR forum (although I haven't posted for a while). I recently purchased a Panasonic GX7 with a Lumix G Vario 12-32 lens. I'm quite happy with it and now MUST add to my lens collection. Being new to MFT I have a few questions:

1. Is it worth getting a 43-MFT adapter to use my Oly FT lenses on the GX7? If so, any recommendations?
  2. Is there a benefit to sticking with Panasonic MFT glass on a Panasonic camera or do Oly (and other manufacturers) lenses work just fine?
  3. Even though I have the 12-32, I'm considering the 12-60 as my "walk-around" lens. (I have used the Oly 12-60 on my 43 gear and really liked its range.) Any thoughts on which 12-60? 
  4. Lastly, I'd like something longer than the 12-60 to use occasionally for wildlife and candid photos of my grandkids playing. I've been looking at the Lumix 45-175. Any thoughts on that lens or anything else I should consider that is in that general price range?

I'll really appreciate any and all responses to even just one of my questions. I know from past experience that members of these forums have a wealth of valuable information and are more than willing to share advice/opinions. Thanks in advance.

Regards, Conrad

CJackJr's gear list:CJackJr's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +10 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow