Possibly moving to full-frame mirrorless from m4/3’s

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
cosmicnode Veteran Member • Posts: 6,240
Re: I wouldn't switch to Nikon now

djd97 wrote:

wb2trf wrote:

People here may get mad, but I wouldn't switch to Nikon now. The company is seriously on the ropes.

The switch you are talking about is a big switch, hoping for a least some years of stability.

The competing cameras are just as good, and picking Nikon now makes no sense. Look at the stock ticker before you decide.

It's not quite that simple though.

Nikon also has far more incentive to support their consumer/professional imaging divisions whereas Canon and Sony are both more heavily diversified into other industries such that they can simply drop their imaging divisions if it isn't profitable enough. Nikon, either saves their imaging division, suddenly increases their diversification, or goes under.

I could see Sony dropping camera division much the same as Samsung, They would probably sell it off, Perhaps Nikon could buy them and improve the ergonomics.  

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D1X Nikon D1H Nikon D2H Nikon D2X +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow