Entry lever interchangeable lens cameras

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Aldone Forum Member • Posts: 78
Re: Entry lever interchangeable lens cameras

Aldone wrote:

Hi! A friend of mine as come up to me, asking for some advice about wanting to get an interchangeable lens camera. He wants something quite cheap, and is mostly looking at the used market. Being in Nikon land myself I suggested a d3x00 series body, but I would like to be able to offer advice also on other brands, so he as more option on eBay. Could you share some suggestions? Any brand is welcome of course

To answer a few questions:

I did not share my friends budget as used prices vary greatly, and what I was looking for are more suggestions as to which models from each of the major brands are roughly equivalent to the Nikon d3x00 series, so as to have more options. I guess a good estimate however would be around 350€ tops.

He would be of course open to mirror less, so if anyone can suggest an inexpensive mirror less body (maybe Sony or Fuji?) I’d love to hear about them. 
the main point of my asking is that I can only recommend Nikon cameras, since I have never tried anything else, but of course entry level cameras are basically the same across the board, so I would like to know which model names I should be looking at on Amazon and eBay, and if there are particular models which are best avoided (I have heard that older Sony bodies had issues for example, but I don’t know enough about it to know which models are badly affected and if it even is an actual problem).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow