How is macro and real estate photography with iPhone 12 Pro Max?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Eddie Rizk Contributing Member • Posts: 725
How is macro and real estate photography with iPhone 12 Pro Max?

I’m kind of new to thinking about smart phone photography.  I have an iPhone 8+, and only take pictures with it, when I have to.

That said, since going with a FF camera, I find taking it everywhere for grab shots cumbersome and carry it less than I did my APSc system.   Travel by plane means taking very little in the way of lenses or a baggage nightmare.

I was thinking about a second camera system for travel, since it was easy enough to travel with my old crop system, but two systems are just too much gear and too much money.  A bridge camera is not enough, because I need ultra wide.   Why?   Because I need it.   That’s what I bought a system camera for, in the first place.   I’m also in the real estate business and need to carry an ultra wide, when I look at property.

I also am really enjoying macro these days.

Well, the new phones look like they are actually better than my old P&S cameras.   They have ultra wide lenses.  Canon has that new Powershot Monocular that fits in any pocket for long shots.  That makes for a complete system in the pocket....

....if it really does.

I actually like the Android interface better than the iOS interface, but I’m stuck with the Apple phone, because of its compatibility with other devices

What do you think about macro capabilities of the iPhone 12 Pro Max?

How is it for real estate pictures in dark environments?   These would be for documentary purposes.   For promotional shots, I can break out the real camera with the TS lens.

-- hide signature --

That's my opinion, and it's worth what you paid for it.
Eddie Rizk
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.
Formerly "Ed Rizk"
My email was hacked and unrecoverable along with all associated accounts, so I got permission to create a new one.

Eddie Rizk's gear list:Eddie Rizk's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow