San Mateo Japanese Garden

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
JeffSlade
OP JeffSlade Regular Member • Posts: 496
Re: San Mateo Japanese Garden

1Dx4me wrote:

as soon as i opened this shot, i noticed the garden was drowned in asphalt walkway. i would have taken the image of the garden, only, wouldn't have included the walkway at all.

it reminded me of the Golden State Park Japanese garden, which is much nicer i think, but i haven't visited San Mateo's Japanese garden in person, so it is hard to make a fair comparison.

Great feedback and thank you! This shot was initially intended to show the lack of people as part of a series at popular spots in our community due to lockdowns. The pavement would normally be filled with people. But I fully accept your feedback. Feedback is golden!

Background:

The shot is from a series I'm doing with some of my San Mateo neighbors to document the impact to our community due to lockdowns. We have set up a YouTube channel San Mateo Lockdown Impact so the community can follow the progress of the project team working towards the goal of a small community focused documentary showing impact to the community.

-- hide signature --

I believe in wabi-sabi :a world view centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. I appreciate beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete" in nature.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/billpoplawski/albums/with/72157716942456506

JeffSlade's gear list:JeffSlade's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 GoPro Hero7 Black Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow