Nikon 200 f/2 VR II ?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
PerfectPoms
PerfectPoms Senior Member • Posts: 2,264
Re: Nikon 200 f/2 VR II ?

I'm surprised more people don't complain more about the weight of the 200 f2.  I sold mine because I didn't use it often enough, and partially because I cursed the weight of that thing almost every time I picked it up.

Now I've got the 120-300 2.8, which is even heavier, and using that lens way too much during the first 20 hours I had it gave me a pinched nerve that left me incapacitated for 7 weeks, and resulted in me taking CBD oil in large amounts for the pain, which I think is what damaged the sight in one of my eyes - and sadly, the eye I used to look through my viewfinder 

I'm a little better now, and took 2,700 photos with that too heavy 120-300 2.8 lens yesterday, hand held.  But I'm getting fewer keepers because I can't see well enough through the viewfinder to be sure the image is in focus enough before I click.

-- hide signature --
 PerfectPoms's gear list:PerfectPoms's gear list
Nikon AF-S 180-400mm F4E TC1.4 Nikon D2Hs Nikon D2X Nikon D300 Nikon D4 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow