(SOME) photos won't copy to computer

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
twamers Senior Member • Posts: 1,742
Re: (SOME) photos won't copy to computer

PerfectPoms wrote:

Well, the solution didn't take long: in fact, after trying to look at the photos several different ways, and exploring all folders on the XQD card, it seems the solution is to simply pull out of the drawer one of my older XQD card reader!

Weird. I recently stopped using CFExpress cards in my D6 camera because of multiple issues, including the Sandisk 64gb CFExpress card getting SHOCKINGLY hot in only a minute in my Lexar card reader, and then when I bought a different card reader, discovering it works reliably with only 2 of my 3 brands of CFExpress cards - but now that I'm back to using XQD cards, I get this weirdness.

Anybody else ever notice that one XQD card reader doesn't 'see' all the images on your card, whereas another card will?

I use XQD with my D500 (last 4 years) and D850 more recently.  I have Lexar and Sony cards.  I use the Sony card reader QDASB1 for the Sony cards and always works without issue.  Same can be said for my Lexar reader LRWXQDU.  I have occasionally downloaded to computer direct from camera with the lead and that works too but is slower.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow