Canon MG6650 - difficulty printing on cardstock/photo paper

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
claus10 New Member • Posts: 1
Canon MG6650 - difficulty printing on cardstock/photo paper

Hello!

I have a Canon MG6650 printer which is used occassionally for printing text and very occassionally for printing photos.

I have recently been printing coloured images, photos and invites on cardstock between 160gsm & 300gsm - unfortunately the colour is printing extremely poorly (I have also tested this on normal paper and am finding the same issues).

When I say the colours are printing poorly I mean there are streaks and some colours do not appear to print at all.

The printer is using compatible ink from stinkyink currently. The cartridges are half full.

I am not sure whether this printer is suitable for printing on 300gsm card - although the manual says it is able to do this for photopaper, obviously canons own brand paper only!

Before I go and purchase OEM ink are there any simple things I can consider?

Ideally I do not want to have to go any purchase a new printer if I can avoid it!

Does anyone else have any experience with this printer - what did you find worked well with it? Is this issue most likely to be related to a poor batch of ink?

Many thanks,

Claus

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow