OM-D Pet peeve: switching shooting modes

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ScottoG Forum Member • Posts: 53
Re: OM-D Pet peeve: switching shooting modes

This is possible with some OMD cameras (but not others). 
I have my E-M5 and E-M5 II set up just as you described, with

• MySet1 = S-AF, single point, single-frame, mode P (could be A or S or M), etc
  • MySet2 = C-AF, 3x3 grid, sequential L, mode S (1/1000 sec, adjustable), etc

Plus I have a button (e.g. L-Fn, and/or DOF preview on the Mk II) assigned to MySet2.

When shooting, I start with MySet1 (e.g. for perched bird), then press the 'MySet2' button when I want to capture BIF.  And pressing the assigned button again switches back to MySet1.  It's brilliant!

I expect this approach is possible with other models that support MySets (e.g. E-M10 & E-M10 II) ... but, unfortunately, not with the more current models such as E-M5 III, E-M10 III & IV.  The E-M1 III, where the custom modes (C1-C4) can be assigned to buttons would also support this technique, I expect.

Depending on which OMD you have or are planning to get, I hope that's helpful ... and doesn't just add to your frustration!

ScottoG's gear list:ScottoG's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow