New Computer Case - Solid or Tempered Glass Side Panel?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Simon Garrett Veteran Member • Posts: 6,904
Re: New Computer Case - Solid or Tempered Glass Side Panel?

sshapiro wrote:

I am building a new photo editing system and want to get a new case. My favorite cases are the Fractal Design Meshify C series, which are available in a few different side panel options:

I have never had a case with a glass side panel, and I am not sure if it makes sense to get one now. I assume glass panels might produce distracting light, reflections, or glare that could require specific room placement to mitigate.

Do any of you have experience using cases with glass side panels? Are there specific reasons to go with or stay away from them? I am not interested in showing off the internal components; I just want to set up the computer and use it.

I think this is entirely personal preference and a bit of common sense.

Many motherboards are now like disco light shows, and you might not want that within line of sight while editing photos.  My case (Corsair 200R) has extensive ventillation holes in all faces, so I can see the ever-changing colours of the lights from the motherboard, the AMD cpu cooler and the graphics card.

I really wouldn't want that on my desk, but it's fine under the desk.

-- hide signature --

Simon

Simon Garrett's gear list:Simon Garrett's gear list
Nikon D800
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow