Three Lens to take to a wedding - Pro and on a Budget - FX only

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
PHXAZCRAIG
PHXAZCRAIG Forum Pro • Posts: 17,267
Re: Three Lens to take to a wedding - Pro and on a Budget - FX only

I am Bowie wrote:

Heres the ask - you are limited to 3 lens to use at a wedding. The wedding will be during the day and outdoors. The reception/party will be indoors and some areas of the hall will be outdoors in the night.

For the Pro - what 3 lens will you pack and for what use:

1) 24-70 F2.8 misc

2) 70-200 F2.8 anything from a feet back

3) 84f1.4 (maybe 105f1.4) - portraits, low light. Was tempted for a 105vr here for ring shots, but 24-70 will do.

Pro Extra - You have no assistant and there’s a need for lighting - but you must use battery powered lighting only. What will you bring?

1) my three speedlites with Pocket Wizards

— —

For the enthusiast on a budget - you have $1700USD to buy 3 used lens (on eBay or whatever) - what 3 lens will you buy for this wedding and what will they be used for:

1)

As close as I could get to the above. Depends on what's available at the moment. Might be older 70-200 or 80-200 AF-D versions.  (24-70g, 70-200 vr i or II or 80-200, 85f1.4AF-D)

2)

3)

— —

Disaster Strikes Option - you had to fly to the wedding - your carryon camera bag hold the camera and only 2 lens and your luggage with the lights and 3rd lens is delayed. What 2 lens do you feel will get you by and still take shots worth getting paid (any 2 lens regardless or price)

1) 24-70

2) 70-200

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Phoenix Arizona Craig
www.cjcphoto.net
"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice, they're not."

PHXAZCRAIG's gear list:PHXAZCRAIG's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 +37 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow