GH5 Scratched Sensor?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
alcelc
alcelc Forum Pro • Posts: 14,649
Re: GH5 Scratched Sensor?

felixgeen wrote:

Thanks for these helpful replies guys.

I got in touch with the shop again and told them that I suspected it was dirt and not a scratch on the sensor and they've offered to have another look at it with their in-house sensor cleaning employee, rather than the person they sent it away for 7 days to who I guess was out-sourced. And they've offered to take another look for free which is great too. So ill take it in tomorrow and report back what ever I find.

I think this is quite a good and well-respected camera repair shop so i don't think they're intentionally messing me around, i reckon its just the person they out-sourced it do wrote "scratched sensor" and they took his word for it.

Fingers crossed they can fix this. It would be soooo nice to be able to take dirt free images and video again

Wishing they could sort it out for you.

I could be wrong but to my feeling, Panny might have different policy than other brands. It seems that in some regions Panny might not wish to supply parts to non related shops and so, Panny cameras might not be easy to repair by any shops on high street...

-- hide signature --

Albert
** Please feel free to download the original image I posted here and edit it as you like **

alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow