Olympus OM Zuiko 300mm f4.5 at 2 miles (3.2 Km)

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
OP Bassam Guy Senior Member • Posts: 2,276
Re: Olympus OM Zuiko 300mm f4.5 at 2 miles (3.2 Km)

Messier Object wrote:

Bassam Guy wrote:

The Grumpy Snapper wrote:

A pointless test given the distance and atmospheric disturbance over that sort of distance.

That actually answers my question. I've never shot anything at that distance or with such a long lens, so didn't know what to expect. Thanks.

no, that’s just one point of view.

Sure, atmospheric conditions can impact imaging over long distances, but testing on distant subjects is far from pointless, especially if you’re viewing or capturing astronomical subjects.

The OM300/4.5 is a handy lens. It renders nice images of close birds and can produce pleasing landscapes if you refrain from peeping too deeply.

Happy to hear that.

Some purple fringing is evident Wide open if your subject has strong back lighting.

Already found that out the hard way

Manual Focus can be a bit tricky if the focus mechanism of your lens is a bit stiff (mine is)

The focus is stiff but not the least bit challenging, as I am familiar with MF-Only lenses.

Enjoy your lens, and don’t take too much notice of folks who insist that what you do is pointless.

Peter

Thank you.

Bassam Guy's gear list:Bassam Guy's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M5 III Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow