Which RF 70-200mm or should I stay with the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 5,266
Re: Which RF 70-200mm or should I stay with the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS

So I agree it all depends on use. For weddings or indoor sports the f/2.8L is the winner. For travel I prefer the reach of the 70-300 for sure. The very small and light 70-200 f/4 I would pick more for walking around and maybe backpacking with its light weight.

I guess the fact that neither of the RF take a teleconverter surprised me. I'm sure someday there maybe a RF version but not next year it seems I think.

So for now I will stay with the adapted EF version 70-300 and see how well it works on the R5 when it shows up. Once I can evaluate it on a fast focusing body I will see if it makes sense to move to an RF of some kind.  Originally used it on the EOS R which I used for travel since it did not have sufficient frame rate  for events or sports. The R5 will change that so I might want to move up the f/2.8L

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Sony a9 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM +35 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow