A Modest Proposal About X100-Series Cameras

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 16,630
Re: A Modest Proposal About X100-Series Cameras

Ed B wrote:

DPR didn't disagree or agree with the suggestion. They simply ignored it. They didn't have the decency to respond in any way.

I won’t try to defend that... it would be nice if they responded in some manner to suggestions like this. It may have to do with the volumes of suggestions they get, but closing the loop is always the preferable approach.

I have no idea how a Mod's opinion affects decisions made by DPR but I agree with you 100% that a Mod's opinion is no more important than anyone else's.

My comment about the Mods was based on their response to the original thread. They had no valid reason for not wanting a "fixed prime lens camera" forum other than the fact that they wanted to ensure these cameras remained part of the normal equipment forums.

Or... perhaps (and more likely) they simply didn’t feel that a new forum had critical mass or sufficient likely participation to be added to the list. I’m sure they get a reasonable number of requests for new forums and I’m guessing that they would have to agree that the potential amount of interest and participation would justify its addition. That may be where the fundamental disagreement is here. I don’t disagree that some sort of response would have been desirable, regardless, both in the interests of closing the loop and simply being responsive.

What gives you the impression that I'm looking for someone to blame for the fact that this suggestion wasn't implemented? I don't really care about that and I simply stated facts in response to the OP's original post.

I am disappointed that DPR chose to completely ignore a suggestion that so many of their members wanted to be implemented but I agree that it's their site and that type of forum might not be as important as forums like Underwater Photography or DYI and Photo Experiments when it comes to DPR's plans for forum organization.

I think it’s simply a matter of DPR’s priorities and desires for the forums likely being different from yours.  Again, closing the loop is always preferable, even if the answer might not be exactly what you were looking for.  I’m certainly not going to defend the lack of any response, but I can see why they might not see it as high enough in importance to implement.

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow