Godox X1T-N Problem (Power on X1T and flash output are different)?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
CoffeePhotography New Member • Posts: 1
Godox X1T-N Problem (Power on X1T and flash output are different)?

Hello,

Lately I have been getting more and more into flash photography. I have 2 SB-700s with 2 X1R-N receivers and an X1T-N transmitter which sits on top of my D750. I know that in order to control the flash output from the transmitter directly, I have to set the speedlights on TTL (not Manual) and set the transmitter on M (manual). However, I noticed that when I set the transmitter for 1/1 power, the output from the flash is not at 1/1. The way I know that is because of the sound the flash makes when it fires at 1/1 when on top of the camera or when I hit the test button, the flash makes a whistling noise, indicating that it fired at full power. However, it doesn't make the same noise when I fire it with the transmitter set at 1/1 (and flash at TTL). I also tested the flash at manual 1/1 and it fired pretty strongly and overexposed the hell out of the picture but trying the same with the flash on TTL and the transmitter on M and 1/1, the picture wasn't overly exposed, indicating that it did not fire at full power.

I would appreciate any information on this.

Thank you

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow