Is this an issue with Samyang 12mm f2.0 lens shot on Fujifilm x-t30

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Gerry Winterbourne Forum Pro • Posts: 18,451
Re: Is this an issue with Samyang 12mm f2.0 lens shot on Fujifilm x-t30

kolkataeye wrote:

There is a third question I have. It seems from this pic below that the focus is sharp at infinity

There isn't anything in the picture at infinity; that's a lot further away than anything in the picture.

and the center of the lens, while this slowly goes down as we move to the edges of the frame. The little waterfall lets flowing in the center are in sharp focus, but the focus is blurry on the waterfall lets at the edges of the pic. And they get progressively blurry as we look towards the edges.

Is that true of such types of lenses, or I have a defective lens? Can someone please explain?

Here is an extract from the ePhotozine review of your lens. It shows that resolution is much less at the edges than at the centre (although still classed as "good"), especially wide open. highres-Samyang12mm_MTF_1417442186.jpg (640×480) (ephotozine.com) This is a little bit more severe than on some other ultrawide lenses but is just the way things are; nothing to worry about.

I have till Jan 31st, to ask for a return / replacement. I really like the 12mm, f2.0, so if need be, I will ask for a replacement.

No reason to expect anything better than the one you have.

-- hide signature --

Gerry
http://www.pbase.com/gerrywinterbourne
gerry.winterbourne@ntlworld.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow