Blue Light Anti Reflective Coating Glasses

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Tom_N Forum Pro • Posts: 18,522
Re: Blue Light Anti Reflective Coating Glasses

Batdude wrote:

I got my new computer screen glasses prescription today and I was asked if I wanted to pay extra for that type of coating. I don’t know anything about this coating and I’m not sure if is a gimmick. Is it not and should I get that on my glasses? Do any of you have it?

When I got my glasses, the store offered that to me. I ordered their "best" progressive lenses otherwise, but told them that I did not want that particular feature.

It took a couple of times of me saying something like "But wouldn't that filter out some of the blue from photos, too?" and the guy reassuring me that it wouldn't interfere with vision, before he got the point.  Then he said that you might not want the feature if you were editing photos on a computer screen.

As far as it being a gimmick (for non-photo-editing use), I don't know whether it is or not. A WebMD article says that "there’s not a lot of research to show [whether it works]."

https://www.webmd.com/eye-health/news/20191216/do-blue-light-glasses-work

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow