Second Hand Battery Packs

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Ed Shapiro
Ed Shapiro Regular Member • Posts: 332
Re: Second Hand Battery Packs

There is no simple way that I know of the determine the remaining useful life of any battery.  As batteries age they may not produce as many flashes per charge, they may show no symptoms and just unceremoniously drop dead at the most inopportune times, they may begin to not deliver sufficient voltage to operate the Speedlight.

The way to figure out if you are getting a good deal is to find out what the replacement battery cost, should you need to replace it, and compare it to the cost of the used unit plus that cost as compared to a new battery pack.

It is a private sale, and the seller is honest, he or she will tell you what kind of "milage" they put on the unit.  Some folks buy stuff, don't use it very much and just want to sell it and use the money for something else. Others know the item is approaching the end of its life and just want to unload it.

I am not familiar withte the unit in question, but I can't imagine that a battery could not be replaced unless the part has been entirely discontinued and there is no substitute of the proper voltage and ampere/hour specs that would fit in the pack.

Commercial and Portrait Photographer. Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow