Best printer to use for a small poster business

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yasmino New Member • Posts: 1
Best printer to use for a small poster business

I have been selling my prints for the last couple of years and it's slowly grown into a little business. Currently I use a printing company to print and dispatch my posters, but they have upped all their prices and I've wanted to get my own printer for a long time so now seems like the best time to do it.

I print in size A4-A2, full colour, very bold and bright prints, but i'm struggling to find a printer to buy as its a big investment. I have a budget of up to around £1500. On an average day I sell around 7-10 prints, so I will need one for regular use. I'm concerned at ink consumption, as professional printer ink from what ive seen is pretty expensive and you need a lot of different inks.

The best one ive found so far is the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 but im struggling to gauge how many prints i can get out of one set of ink. It needs x12 80ml ink cartridges, so in total its £420 per set which seems a lot to me.

Can anyone recommend a good printer? Or reviews of the canon mentioned above?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow