Camera Raw for Photoshop CS6 and LR4

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
davids8560 Contributing Member • Posts: 812
Camera Raw for Photoshop CS6 and LR4

Today I finally got around to updating Adobe Creative Suite 6 and Lightroom 4 to the most recent versions possible before it becomes necessary to subscribe to the Creative Cloud. (By the way, if anyone else is thinking of doing the same, it required calling Adobe and getting special installation links emailed to me. All the links to older versions of these programs appear to have been removed from Adobe's website.)

I just want to make sure I understand. The Lightroom 4 Camera Raw plug-in version is now 10.1, but the CS6 Camera Raw plug-in remains 9.1.1. So I will be able to edit raw files from some cameras with Lightroom, but not PS CS6, unless I convert the raw files from their original formats with DNG converter?

For example, before the update both CS6 and LR4 opened Nikon D750 .NEF files, but neither program opened Nikon D500 .NEF files.

Now LR4 will be able to open Nikon D500 .NEF files, but PS CS6 still will not.

Thinking of buying a D500.

Just looking for clarification.

Thanks!

davids8560's gear list:davids8560's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon D5100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EOS 70D +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D500 Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow