Is this an issue with Samyang 12mm f2.0 lens shot on Fujifilm x-t30

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
lehill
lehill Veteran Member • Posts: 5,980
Re: Is this an issue with Samyang 12mm f2.0 lens shot on Fujifilm x-t30

kolkataeye wrote:

Hi,

I am a newbie and was interested in architecture and astro-photography. So I have started with the Fujifilm x-t30 and a Samyang 12mm f2.0 lens. I have some questions on lowlight pics I have taken recently.

The below was taken at 1600 ISO, f2.0, 25 sec exposure. There is a string of diamonds on top of the trailer body. It wasn't there when I shot, so there is some effect that is coming up on the lens. Can someone explain what is the problem, please?

Berkshires, Masachussetts

The small bright specks just look like reflections off your shiny trailer. They occur in about the same location in each embossment of the trailer siding:

Reflection of distant light, lamp, or moon?

It's normal for a lens to be less sharp at the edges than the center. People pay big money for lenses that are sharp across the entire frame. It's extra difficult to make an ultra-wide-angle lens with sharp edges - I'm not sure if there are any UWAs that are sharp across the frame.

If you're worried about the lens. Follow the instructions here.

-- hide signature --

Lance H

lehill's gear list:lehill's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony a99 II Sony a7R IV Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +26 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow