[REVIEW] - Low cost 100mm filter kit with ND1000 from K&F Concept... Worth it ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ActionPhotoPassion Senior Member • Posts: 1,774
[REVIEW] - Low cost 100mm filter kit with ND1000 from K&F Concept... Worth it ?

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share with you my feelings and results of the 100mm filter kit from K&F Concept.

So it's a basic filter-holder kit: The ones you screw on the thread of a lens or a CPL for example.

But to be honest, the packaging has gladly surprised me. So much that I decided to  compare it to the oldest version in an unboxing video underlining the increase in packaging quality.

So the kit is including a set of adapter rings from 49mm up to 82mm. FWIW I have already gave my feedback to the manufacturer because it lacks a ring of 55mm (there is 52mm and 58mm but I need a 55 one).

The bracket has 2 available slots. So it's possible to use 2 ND filters or the combination of 1 ND the side of the lens and 1 GND.

The weather wasn't so good when I wanted to go to shoot but fortunately the rain stopped and the sky was moody. I saw there a very good combination having clouds and sunrays, unfortunately the wind wasn't part of the game

Anyway I decided to shoot using the ND 10 stops + soft GND 3 stops and I didn't experience neither color cast nor vignetting nor loss of sharpness.

Minolta 35-70/4

Tamron 70-300/4-5.6 USD

I don't want to re-launch a premium VS first access filter war, but clearly I can't see myself jusifying a Breakthrough or Haida when I can't see the advantages in advance...I am talking here of a filter 100mm that will fit most of my lenses for a MSRP of $75 [the full kit]

Anyhoo, if you wanna read the full review or you're interested in the kit

Wishing you a nice day,

ActionPhotoPassion's gear list:ActionPhotoPassion's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A58 Sony a77 II Sony a99 II Sony 500mm F8 Reflex +16 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow