When the engineers and the accountants put their heads together

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
kcdogger Veteran Member • Posts: 3,171
Re: When the engineers and the accountants put their heads together

i would advise camera makers who tout going high end (e.g. higher priced) as a strategy to generate profits to be careful.  You will be losing lots of low to mid range buyers and potential buyers to concentrate on a much smaller group of high enders.  Are they a big enough group to give you a profit with their fewer but higher priced buys?  You may be forcing people to your nemesis - a cell phone.

For me a $7500 lens is simply a laughable oddity, and if prices of cameras and other lenses continue to climb, I will eventually be forced to give up that kind of photography and resort to using my cell phone if I want a picture of something.  The rest of my family (wife, 3 kids, and 10 grandkids) is already there.  they would no more buy a "real camera" then eat a bug.

I guess us old retired, fixed income guys will soon go the cell phone route too - when our current cameras and/or lenses wear out, but they may outlast me anyway, but replacements at much higher prices - HA!  Again, the laughable alternative.

Peace.

John

kcdogger's gear list:kcdogger's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Olympus TG-6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow