A Modest Proposal About X100-Series Cameras

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
surfoxy
surfoxy Regular Member • Posts: 493
Re: A Modest Proposal About X100-Series Cameras

robnich wrote:

I believe there must be many owners of Fujifilm X100-series cameras who might like to see a separate forum for these cameras. I am probably not alone in having selected my current X100V and my previous X100S specifically because I was tired of carrying around what I often referred to a one metric ton of lenses and accessories in my days as a Canon beast-of-burden. I welcomed the challenge of using a light, beautiful and capable fixed lens camera of high quality.

In the current forum, X100-series camera posts are buried in an avalanche of DSLR and lens posts and are a bit hard to locate. Search by Product simply does not work, usually coming up with only a very few posts that are not days or even weeks old, even for "hot" recent cameras such as the X100V.

Anyone else who has had these thoughts?

Robert N.

I think it's a great idea. I don't buy the "forum proliferation" argument, as forums only proliferate as camera types do. While this is obviously an X series camera with it's sensor and construction, the fixed-lens premium camera also obviously a very cool, very popular and very discussable niche.

If it's not up to the mods, I wonder how such a change would be proposed to the forum runners. Whoever they might be...

This can't be a static thing, new cameras and new lines come out all the time. Someone's paying attention.

-- hide signature --

Chris

surfoxy's gear list:surfoxy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow